Global Organic Textile Standard
Our GOTS certified products are marked separately on the product
Who receives a GOTS seal?
The seal is awarded annually and GOTS-certified companies, like us, are subject to regular audits based on a dual control system - consisting of on-site inspection at the company and analyses of residues in the textiles.
In order for a garment to receive the GOTS seal, it must consist of at least 70% natural fibres in kbA/kbT quality and fulfil comprehensive social and ecological criteria in its production.
Social standards – These include:
- Employment is freely chosen - no forced labour
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- No child labour
- Setting a minimum wage
- No excessive working hours
- No harassment or violence
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
Ecological standards – These include:
- Testing of all chemical additives
- Ban on azo dyes
- Ban on problematic additives, such as toxic heavy metals
- PVC-free packaging material
- Specifications for wet finishing plants regarding the use of chemicals and the treatment of waste water.