For a good conscience
Behind the slightly unwieldy name "Global Organic Textile Standard" is a textile seal that provides a uniform certification procedure in the production of sustainable textiles – and this along the entire textile value chain.
Ecological standards - These include:
• Testing of all chemical additives
• Ban on azo dyes
• Ban on problematic additives, such as toxic heavy metals
• PVC free packing material
• Specifications for wet finishing plants regarding the use of chemicals and the treatment of wastewater
For a garment to receive the GOTS seal, it must consist of at least 70% natural fibers in kbA-/kbT quality and meet comprehensive social and ecological criteria in its production.
Social standards - These include:
- No child labor
- No forced labor
- Setting of a minimum wage
- Freedom of association
- No excessive working hours